Socket weld fittings are a type of pipe fittings that are joined to the pipe into a blank area of fittings. These fittings are widely used in small pipe diameters mainly pipe with the valve or make any connection between two pipes socket weld fittings are used. It is a great choice for a wide range of application as it offers the best performance and reduces the leakage problem. These fittings have great structural strength and have lower fatigue resistance because of the use of fillet welds as well as abrupt fitting geometry; still, they are considered a great choice for mechanical joining method. Socket weld fittings are basically a family of high-pressure fittings that are used in numerous industrial processes.
Details of weld fittings:
- It gets used for expensive, toxic or line conveying flammable material where there is no need of leakage at 300-600 PSI
- It is available in a good range of sizes in conjunction with ASMS pipes
- It gets used at places requiring permanent pipe-work and gets manufactured to offer excellent flow characteristics
- It gets produced with numerous ASTM standards in accordance with ASME B16.11.
- It has seamless tubes, forging bars, and seamless pipe as acceptable material forms
- Socket weld tees
- Coupling Socket weld cross
- Socket weld elbow